For Google Assistant to work with your Layer3 TV service, you'll need:
- A smartphone or tablet with the Google Assistant app.
- A Google account
- A Layer3 TV Set-Top Box or Lite Box that is already set up for service
Let's get started!
Install and set up the Google Assistant
1. Download and install the Google Assistant app
Most Android devices already have Google Assistant installed -- check your device's documentation for more information. iPhone users can get the Google Assistant app from Apple's App Store. Follow Google's instructions to complete app setup.
2. Open the Google Assistant app on your phone or tablet and launch the Google Assistant Layer3 TV action.
Say Ok Google, talk to Layer3 TV. You'll see your spoken command on your mobile device screen.
3. Tap on the Google Assistant Layer3 TV authorization message, Link Layer3 TV to Google.
Link your Layer3 TV account to Google Assistant
Type in your Layer3 TV username and password. Then click on Login.
You've now authenticated your Layer3 TV account and can continue to link your TV.
Pair to a TV
1. Invoke the Layer3 TV app in Google Assistant and ask it to pair your device:
Ok Google, talk to Layer3 TV
Pair my device
2. Select a TV
Google Assistant will respond, asking you to select a TV. You will see the Google Assistant Device Linking message on each of your TVs. Select Yes on the TV you wish to control and No on any other TVs.
3. You'll see a confirmation message on the linked TV. Click OK to continue.
Google Assistant can now control the linked TV. If you want to have Google Assistant communicate with a different TV, say:
Link my device