Google Home uses Google Assistant to deliver and respond to voice commands delivered to your Layer3 TV Set-Top box or Lite Box. For Google Home to work with your Layer3 TV service, you'll need the following equipment and apps:
- A Google Home device and a smartphone with the Google Home app.
- A Google account
- A Layer3 TV Set-Top Box or Lite Box that is already set up for service
In addition, you'll need to follow steps to:
- Install and set up Google Assistant using the Google Home app
- Authenticate your Layer3 TV account with your Google Home device
- Link your Google Home device to a TV
Let's get started!
Install and set up your Google Home device
1. Download and install the Google Home app
2. Set up your Google Home device
Using the Google Home app, follow Google's instructions to set up your Google Home device and connect it to your home network.
3. Launch the Google Assistant Layer3 TV action
On the device that is running the Google Home app, say Ok Google, talk to Layer3 TV or Hey Google, talk to Layer3 TV.
On your screen, you'll see a notification card requesting that you link your Layer3 TV account. Go to the notification card and tap on Link.
You can now authenticate to your Layer3 TV account.
Type in your Layer3 TV Username and Password. Then click on Login.
You've now authenticated your Layer3 TV account and can continue to link your TV.
1. Ask Google Home to pair your device
You can say:
Ok Google, pair my device
Hey Google, pair my device
2. Select a TV
Google Assistant will respond, asking you to select a TV. You will see the Google Assistant Device Linking message on each of your TVs. Select Yes on the TV you wish to control.
3. You'll see a confirmation message on the linked TV. Click OK to continue
Your Google Home device can now control the linked TV.
You can also repeat the above process for additional TVs. If you want to have Google Assistant communicate with a different TV, say:
Link my device